MEDIA 710 - Learning Technologies
Overview and selection criteria of instructor-led, computer-based, and distance learning systems for delivering content to trainees in the workplace. Includes the development of training materials in a variety of formats.
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Use an instructional systems design model to design training courses and modules, which are to be delivered using contemporary instructional technology.
- Develop training courses, modules and materials using computer-based technology.
- Select appropriate training methods to meet training course and program needs.
- Select appropriate hardware, software and delivery systems to meet training course and program needs.
- Deliver a training module using a contemporary instruction technology.
- Evaluate the delivery of a training course, module or program.
- Provide leadership in the proper utilization of delivery systems for training.
- Apply research and forecasting techniques to project technological developments and potential impacts.